A Crew Member has three main responsibilities: Customer Service, Food Preparation and Cleanliness and Hygiene.
Good customer service skills are integral to the way we do things here at McDonald's. You'll be expected to provide our customers with a quick and accurate service and show sensitivity to their individual needs, both from behind the till as well as in the dining areas.
Food Preparation and cooking the wide variety of food we offer involves using a broad range of equipment and tools. You'll need to produce orders to a consistently high standard and understand that quality control is vital.
Cleanliness and Hygiene requires thorough training in order to maintain our high standards. Before you start, you'll learn to use a variety of cleaning utensils and chemical cleaning products along with the correct protective equipment.
How far can I go?
Rewards and benefits
As a Crew Member, you can receive a whole host of great rewards and benefits:
- 28 days paid holiday per annum
- Free private health care after three years service
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme run by Threadneedle
- Restaurant performance-related bonuses
- Vouchers awarded at service milestones
- You can exchange up to £110 per pay period for Childcare Vouchers, which is taken from gross salary, saving you tax and National Insurance
- Employee Recognition Schemes
- Annual pay reviews
- Employee Discount Card with discounts and savings from over 1,600 retailers including HMV, M&S and Sainsbury's
- Meal allowance
- Life Assurance (after 1 year service)
- Opportunities for promotion
How to apply
Our application process has two stages. First, fill in an online questionnaire, which should only take about half an hour. Then, if you're successful, you'll be invited to the restaurant for an interview and On-Job Evaluation (OJE), where you'll work with the team on the shop floor and have an interview with the Business Manager. Again, all this should take about half an hour.
To apply for a job as a crew member, you'll need to be of school-leaving age (have finished secondary school) and be legally allowed to work in the UK.
Find a role near you.
Already applied for a position? Sign in